As a VAT accountant, you will:
- Provide VAT compliance services to corporate clients, including the preparation/ review of VAT returns, EC sales listings and Intrastat returns;
- Provide clients with advice and practical consulting services on Belgian and European VAT reporting matters;
- Assist our clients with VAT audits;
- Handle correspondence with the VAT authorities regarding VAT registrations and VAT returns;
- Be in charge of the annual foreign VAT refund process of our clients;
- Act as a trusted intermediary between our clients and other Mazars colleagues from our tax and accounting department;
- Help our tax colleagues with the prepartaion of individual tax returns and coporate income tax returns, review tax assessments and assist clients during tax audits, both for private individuals and small and medium sized fast growing companies.
Required skills and experience
- You have Bachelor degree in Accountancy/Tax;
- You speak and write Dutch, French and English fluently;
- Any work experience is an asset;
- You solve complex issues in a pragmatic manner and love to work in a client team, where you report to managers or partners;
- You are team oriented, enthusiastic and flexible;
- You have a good knowledge of and a strong interest in Excel.
- A varied job with significant career opportunities;
- The possibility for you to obtain the qualification of Chartered Tax Consultant and/or Accountant at the Belgian Institute of Accountants and Tax Consultants;
- An attractive compensation and benefits package (including a company car);
- A young and dynamic work environment. We work hard but think it's important to loosen the reins from time to time.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, consulting, financial advisory and tax services. Mazars relies on the skills of more than 17.000 professionals in the 77 countries that make up its integrated partenership on five continents. In Belgium, Mazars has 160 staff in four offices.
How to apply?
Please send your hand written application letter and your curriculum vitae to:
MAZARS TAX CONSULTANTS
Mr. Peter De Vos
Bellevue 5/ b 1001