Junior VAT consultant (Gent)
Mazars Belgium is looking for a Junior VAT consultant to strengthen its Tax team in Gent.
Joining Mazars means taking part in an exciting and entrepreneurial adventure and seizing the opportunity to quickly grow your potential. We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is treated with respect and given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
- Provide VAT compliance services to corporate clients, including the preparation/review of VAT returns, EC sales listings and Intrastat returns
- Provide clients with advice and practical consulting services on Belgian and European VAT (reporting) matters
- Assist our clients with VAT audits;
- Handle correspondence with the VAT authorities regarding VAT registrations and VAT returns;
- Be in charge of the annual foreign VAT refund process of our clients;
- Act a trusted intermediary between our clients and other Mazars colleagues from our tax and accounting department;
Required Skills and Experience
- You have a Bachelor degree in Accountancy/Tax or a Master in Economic Science or a similar study level with an additional specialisation in Accountancy and Tax;
- Strong interest in indirect tax (VAT);
- You solve complex issues in a pragmatic manner and love to work in a client team, where you report to managers or partners;
- You are team oriented, enthusiastic and flexible;
- You have a good knowledge of and a strong interest in Excel;
- A varied job with significant career opportunities;
- The possibility for you to obtain the qualification of Chartered Tax Consultant and/or Accountant at the Belgian Institute of Accounts and Tax Consultants;
- An attractive compensation and benefits package (including a company car);
- A young and dynamic work environment. We work hard but think it’s important to loosen the reins from time to time;
- An interesting and varied job with proper responsibilities and the opportunity to help a fast growing VAT team.
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and your curriculum vitae to:
Bellevue 5/b 1001 - 9050 Gent
Tel.: +32 (0)9 265 83 20
Fax: +32 (0)9 265 83 23
Mazars believes in equal opportunities. All decisions made during the recruitment and employment are based on merit, skill and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identification, illness, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or any other status protected under national or local laws.