- Coaching and supervision of junior members of the audit team of mainly large insurance and banking clients as well as technical assistance to them, including project and entity wide performance assessments.
- Management of the more complex and significant engagements.
- Internal risk management including compliance to ISQC1.
- Understanding risks and monitoring processes of our clients.
- Mapping of business and audit risks within the audit universe and consequential construction of relevant audit strategy.
- Client relastionship management, including preparation and presentation of our reporting.
- Communication with audit committee, board of directors, workers' council....
- Contribution to Mazars-wide planning activities and technical working groups.
- Overall review of audit processes and procedures - in compliance with ISAs - and forming of specific conclusions and drafting opinions.
- Overall appraisal of financial statements in light of executed procedures and resulting findings and in light of of (entity specific) regulatory requirements 'IFRSs, laws...)
- Advanced financial analysis - historical and predictive - considering budgets and operational data, including key performance indicators.
- Process mining and advanced data analysis and data mining related ti accounts, registries and portfolio.
- Following up on timesheets of members of the audit team.
- Contribution to advisory projects in function of capacities and particular interests.
- Forensic insight to look at a set of financials or other processes from any perspective and direction in order to find creative ways of establishing facts.
- Business development on existing and new clients as well as new projects/ services development.
- Execution of ad-hoc assurance and other related jobs.
- Being in the process of becoming or in possession of the title of a certified banking auditor.
- Substantial experience auditing in the insurance industry.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Speak and write at least 2 of the following languages fluently: Dutch, French, English.
- Interest in financial analytics.
- Attention to detail.
- Can quickly get up to speed with Microsoft and other relevant programmes.
- Team Spirit: Encourages cross-firm collaboration, promotes the Mazars brand.
- Leadership: Develops talent, drives changes; gets the team and others on board.
- Building Client Relationships: Influences and negotiates with clients to obtain agreement.
- Business Development: Takes the lead in developing prospects, knows how to mobilise internal support accordingly.
- Technical Excellence: Masters the global context of risk management and technical solutions.
- Managing for results: Optimises resource management and innovates processes.
- Intensive training through internal training sessions and specialised courses combined with an on-the job training.
- A varied job wiht significant career opportunities and a working environment where personal development is encouraged.
- A young, dynamic and pleasant work environment.
- An attractive remuneration and benefit package.
How to apply?
Mazars believes in equal opportunities. All decisions made during the recruitment and employment are based on merit, skill and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identification, illness, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or any other status protected under national or local laws.