Senior VAT Consultant (Gent)
Mazars Belgium is looking for a Senior VAT consultant to strengthen its Tax team in Gent.
Joining Mazars means taking part in an exciting and entrepreneurial adventure and seizing the opportunity to quickly grow your potential. We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is treated with respect and given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
As a senior VAT consultant, you will advise and assist large and middle large companies on national and international VAT matters. You will be involved VAT compliance services for both national and international clients as well as in the recurring VAT advise on VAT structuring and optimisation. You will assist clients with VAT audits and help with cross-border VAT cases. On top of this, you will also be actively involved in M&A assignments for which VAT is part of the scope.
You will also be in charge of the annual foreign VAT refund process of our clients.
As a member of a growing VAT team, you will also act as trusted intermediary between our clients and other Mazars colleagues from our tax and accounting department.
• A university degree in law or in economics with a post-graduate qualification in tax law
• Fluent communication skills in Dutch, French and English
• A 2 to 4 year work experience in a tax advisory firm or with the tax authorities.
• Specialist knowledge and selling skills on International VAT is a valuable asset
• You are highly motivated, you have excellent communication skills and you are looking for opportunities to exceed expectations and take ownership of projects assigned to you
• You have an open and creative mind and you are keen to work and take the lead of your cross line of service client team.
• An intensive training through internal training sessions and specialised courses
• A varied job with significant career opportunities
• A young and dynamic work environment
• The possibility for you to obtain the qualification of Tax Consultant and/or Accountant through the Institute of Public Accounts and Tax Consultants
• An attractive remuneration and benefit package
How to apply
Interested? Please send your application letter and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mazars believes in equal opportunities. All decisions made during the recruitment and employment are based on merit, skill and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identification, illness, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or any other status protected under national or local laws.