Senior VAT Consultant (Gent)
As a senior VAT consultant, you will advise and assist large and middle large companies on national and international VAT matters. You will be involved VAT compliance services for both national and international clients as well as in the recurring VAT advise on VAT structuring and optimisation. You will assist clients with VAT audits and help with cross-border VAT cases. On top of this, you will also be actively involved in M&A assignments for which VAT is part of the scope.
You will also be in charge of the annual foreign VAT refund process of our clients.
As a member of a growing VAT team, you will also act as trusted intermediary between our clients and other Mazars colleagues from our tax and accounting department.
• A university degree in law or in economics with a post-graduate qualification in tax law
• Fluent communication skills in Dutch, French and English
• A 2 to 4 year work experience in a tax advisory firm or with the tax authorities.
• Specialist knowledge and selling skills on International VAT is a valuable asset
• You are highly motivated, you have excellent communication skills and you are looking for opportunities to exceed expectations and take ownership of projects assigned to you
• You have an open and creative mind and you are keen to work and take the lead of your cross line of service client team.
• An intensive training through internal training sessions and specialised courses
• A varied job with significant career opportunities
• A young and dynamic work environment
• The possibility for you to obtain the qualification of Tax Consultant and/or Accountant through the Institute of Public Accounts and Tax Consultants
• An attractive remuneration and benefit package
How to apply
Interested? Please send your application letter and your curriculum vitae to:
Bellevue 5 / 1001
9050 Gent – Belgium
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org