Mazars has regularly acted as trustee in respect of the divestment of businesses or parts of businesses and has been appointed as both monitoring trustee and divestiture trustee. Our consultants have a broad range of industry knowledge across a variety of sectors with a wealth of experience providing remedies and compliance advice in relation to:
We ensure commitment deadlines are met, and risks and issues are identified quickly, with sufficient resource to avoid delays. We are experienced in performing the role of monitoring trustee and are committed to minimise the disruption caused on the supervised business.
As a fully integrated global partnership, coordinating cross-border cases is intrinsic to the way we work. Personal contact with our clients is imperative to our work, as is forward looking, efficient project management, focusing on cost awareness.
Our team advises on commitments across practically every market sector including:
- Asset reduction: Large cross border asset reduction programmes.
- Divestment: Disposal of divestment businesses and assets, including design, build, carve-out and disposal through trade sales, IPOs and demergers.
- Restructuring: National and international cost reduction, organisational restructuring, integration and separation programmes.
- Supply: Minimum volume supply commitments at benchmark prices.
- Behavioural: Including cost management; remuneration policy; dividend, coupon and call ban; acquisition ban; and advertising ban.
- Internal organisation: Monitoring compliance and best practice of internal audit, risk management and corporate governance functions.
- Value preservation: Management of divestment businesses and assets consistent with the commitments.