Sustainable Cost Reduction
An organization's overall effectiveness is intrinsically linked to the efficiency of its business operations or processes. As your organization develops and changes, you need to ensure that operations are carried out in a manner that is driven by the business needs of the organization and that they are fit for purpose with respect to design, efficiency and effectiveness.
Mazar’s sustainable cost reduction program can help your organization to innovate, to evaluate your cost structure, to derive the maximum business value from your people, processes, systems and resources and to increase efficiency and reduce risk in the delivery of value for money business operations.
This involves the consideration of the following issues:
- What is your (historic) direct and indirect spend ?
- Your procurement/outsourcing/operational/ … strategy ?
- Are repetitive or manual tasks automated where possible - thus freeing up valuable time and expertise to concentrate on activities that add more value?
- Are activities or tasks unnecessarily repeated by multiple people?
- Is data captured early in a process , thus ensuring that it can be used when required and is stored only once?
- Are processes standardized or do multiple version of the same processes get repeated in different parts of the organization thus reducing efficiency and standardization of systems etc?
- Do processes rely on the experience of key personnel who if they leave the organization take a lot of knowledge with them?
- Is the principle of segregation of incompatible duties applied?
Our team includes management consultants, risk and control specialists and technology consultants who have significant experience in the review and development of business processes based on sound and rigorous business principles and practical and real world solutions.
Our services include:
- Business process redesign / redevelopment;
- Identifying opportunities for outsourcing or shared services;
- Development of KPI / performance indicator frameworks;
- Project management and change management services to support the transition to improved processes.