Mazars Belgium is part of the Global Mazars International VAT & Customs Group which consists of experienced VAT-specialists, based in the Mazars offices all over Europe. Our expertise and knowledge of changing international legislation that impacts businesses allows the Mazars Global Indirect Tax group to determine the most appropriate indirect tax management solutions for your company.
VAT is an indirect tax charged on most business-to-business and business-to-consumer transactions in all the countries of the European Union and in a growing number of other countries. The laws establishing the VAT are national laws. In the EU the national laws are framed within certain parameters specified by the EU in Council Directive 2006/112 on the common system of value added tax.
The complexity of VAT legislation is a growing concern for businesses. Management of VAT and other indirect taxes is a key issue, especially for companies involved in international trade.
Our specialists help you to maximize savings in finding an optimal VAT position for current or planned business activities. They offer advice and support on the following issues across a wide range of sectors:
- Advisory services on general or specific indirect customs and tax issues affecting your company
- Indirect tax compliance obligations at global and national level
- Identifying and managing indirect tax risks
- Dealing with customs and indirect tax litigation issues due to non-compliance or investigation;
- VAT Litigation & Self Disclosure Advisory
- VAT audit support and VAT scan;
- Due diligence and VAT reviews
- Electronic invoicing issues;
- Indirect tax compliance impact on supply chain management
- VAT advisory in connection with M & A transactions